Melanie Porter has worked in the San Diego office of Stephen Danz & Associates since 2008. Her primary practice area is employment law. She represents employees in wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation and wage and hour matters and is a zealous advocate of employee rights.
Melanie graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in Psychology. She received her J.D. from California Western School of Law in 2006, where she graduated cum laude in her concentration. While at CWSL, Melanie served as President of both the Asian Pacific Law Student Association and Hawaiian Law Student Association, as well as Secretary and Chair of Community Relations for the Health Law Society and Co-Chair of the Social and Membership Committee for Phi Alpha Delta.
In 2016, Melanie was selected as a Rising Star Employment Litigation Attorney by Super Lawyers, She is currently a member of the California State Bar, San Diego County Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, California Employment Lawyers Association, California Applicant Attorneys Association and the American Bar Association.
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- Honors: cum laude
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Major: Psychology
- California Employment Lawyers Association since 2015
- BAR ADMISSIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, & AFFILIATIONS (PAST & PRESENT)
- State Bar of California
- District Court, Southern District of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association, LRIS Panel
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Barrister’s Club
Honors & Recognition
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016 & 2017 – Employment Litigation Lawyer (by Thomson Reuters
- Melanie Porter, Medicare’s Prescription Drug Plan May Reduce Demand for Illegal Drug Imports. J. BIOLAW & BUS., Vol. 9, No. 4, 2006.