Demand Your Employee Rights. The Malibu Firm of Stephen Danz & Associates Has the Experience to Help You Get Justice | Malibu Employment Attorney
There are many federal and California laws that protect employees from discrimination and other employer wrongs. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex, color, or national origin. The Americans with Disabilities Act protects disabled workers. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 protects workers who are 40-years of age or older. The False Claims Act protects workers who disclose overbilling and other fraudulent acts from retaliation by the employer whose wrongful conduct is disclosed.
The Malibu trial lawyers at Stephen Danz & Associates, fight aggressively to help employees whose rights have been violated. We file claims in federal court, state court, before appropriate agencies, and in any other relevant employee law forum. Our lawyers work tirelessly to help you prove employer misconduct even when the employer is doing everything they can to deny your claim. Our employment lawyers have earned the respect of numerous former clients and the California legal community.
What benefits you’re entitled to when employee wrongs are properly disclosed
Employers who are found liable for violating federal and state employee rights laws can be held accountable for the following damages and actions:
- Being required to rehire fired workers, promote workers when others who were less qualified were promoted, and forced to fully consider job applicants based on merit
- Payment of all lost wages, income, and benefits including lost healthcare benefits and retirement benefits
- Payment of Legal Fees
- Payment of statutory and/or punitive damages designed to deter future employer misconduct
- Being required to take corrective measures such as creating policies that clarify workers will be judged based on their qualifications and will be treated with respect
Claims that we pursue for Malibu employees
We represent workers who have written employment contracts and workers who don’t have written documents. Our Malibu employee rights lawyers hold employers liable if they fail to honor their legal obligations in the following practice areas:
- Employee discrimination. Employers must give every applicant a fair chance to be hired. Workers who aren’t considered for a job, aren’t considered for a promotion, aren’t given a fair opportunity to do their job, or who are fired – based on any of the following factors – may have an employment discrimination claim:
- Age if over 40
- Military status
- Sexual orientation
- Other identity characteristics
- Wrongful termination. Losing a job under any circumstances is frightening. Losing it because you asserted your rights or because of your race, sex or other factors is maddening and often illegal. Our Malibu employee lawyers hold employers liable for terminating your ability to provide for yourself and your family. Employers must follow the federal and state employment laws that govern ending employee relationships.
- Unpaid leaves of absence. The Family and Medical Leave Act was enacted to help families adjust to overwhelming situations. Parents, children, and spouse shouldn’t have to worry if a relative needs help because they’re ill or has special needs due to their military service. Families should have the right to enjoy a newborn, adoptee, or foster child into their arms. The FMLA helps qualified workers spend time with loved ones in need – without pay but also without fear of losing their job.
- Overtime pay and meal breaks. For many Malibu residents, overtime pay and not being penalized for taking earned meal breaks can mean the difference between making ends meet and struggling. Employees who fail to honor these employee rights can be ordered to pay for lost earnings and to pay statutory damages to penalize them for noncompliance of state law.
- Workplace sexual harassment. Workers should feel that their sex is not being used to keep their job. Employers can’t demand or request sexual favors in return for keeping a job or getting a promotion. Employers can’t create a hostile work environment where women or men feel that workers, supervisors, or others are leering at them, making lewd comments about them, or posting pictures or comments about them online. Our Malibu employee attorneys demand employers respect your right to work without sexual pressure or demands.
- Worker’s compensation claims. Employees who suffer a temporary or permanent liability have the right to demand their employer pay for necessary hospital surgeries or procedures. Injured or ill workers have the right to seek medical treatment from doctors, psychologists, therapists, and other medical providers – if they suffered a workplace accident or illness. Employees have the right to demand a proportional share of lost wages until they return to work or for specific periods of time allowed by law. In some cases, workers may be entitled to vocational rehabilitation. Long-term settlements may be possible.
- Whistleblower and qui tam actions. The federal False Claims Act and other federal and state laws reward workers who disclose that employers are cheating the government, overbilling the government, or committing other types of fraud. Workers who properly, with the help of legal counsel, disclose fraud are generally entitled to 10 to 25 percent of any recovery. Workers also shouldn’t be discharged for pursuing legitimate whistleblower claims.
The employee laws also protect workers from false claims of stealing intellectual property and from restrictive covenants that limit the worker’s ability to earn a living.
Speak with a tough Malibu employee rights attorney today
Understand your rights. Learn if you have a case. The experienced Malibu employee lawyers at Stephan Dan & Associates have helped thousands of workers obtain economic justice. To talk with a strong advocate, please call us today for an appointment by phoning (877)-789-9707 or by using our using our contact form.